I will admit it here - I have never been a huge fan of pretzels. My friend Kent buys the large barrel of pretzels from Costco and eats them constantly. I never understood it. Don't get me wrong, I L-O-V-E my salty snacks but my favorite are traditional potato chips.
So, after going gluten free a few years ago I didn't give pretzels too much thought. I didn't care before so why should I care now? I did eventually try Glutino's gluten free pretzels but thought they had a funny after-taste and didn't even finish the bag.
Recently while shopping at my local grocery store I spied Snyder's of Hanover's gluten free pretzels. Curiosity got the best of me and I purchased a bag. I was having a friend over to watch a basketball play-off game and thought these would make for a good game time snack.
Little did I know that these pretzels would be such a hit! We ate and ate and ate. I later learned that my friend liked them so much that she went out and bought some to eat at work that week -- and she is NOT gluten free! She just liked them that much.
I have since bought another bag and a different friend bought some to use in a recipe for a pie crust that called for pretzels so I could eat the pie. Next time I travel I think I will be bringing a bag of these with me as an airplane snack. And they certainly will appear at my next sports viewing function too!
Gluten-Free Dining and Foods
- Abrusci's (gluten free Italian menu) Applewood
- Basil Docs (gluten free pizza) Multiple Locations
- Beau Jo's (gluten free pizza and beer) Multiple Locations
- Big Bill's Pizza (gluten free pizza) Centennial
- Blue Bonnet (gluten free menu) Denver
- Blue Sky Cafe (gluten free bread, pancakes, more) Lakewood
- Bonefish (gluten free menu w/ flourless brownie!) Multiple Locations
- California Pizza Kitchen (gluten free pizza)
- City O'City (gluten free pizza & bread) Denver
- French Press (gluten free "petal" wraps) Lakewood
- Le Central (gluten free bread and it's yummy!) Denver
- Noodles and Company (gluten free menu) Multiple Locations
- Olive Garden (gluten free penne) Multiple Locations
- Oven, The (gluten free pizza) Lakewood
- Panzano (gluten free menu & chef) Denver
- PF Chang's (gluten free menu) Multiple Locations
- Rheinlander Bakery (gluten free baked goods) Arvada
- Rioja Denver (gluten free desserts) Denver
- Romano's Italian Restaurant (gluten free pizza) Littleton & Highlands Ranch
- Skinny Crisps Crackers
- Snooze (gluten free menu) Multiple Locations
- Sweet Tomatoes (lots of non-gluten food choices) Multiple Locations
- The Bundt Shoppe (gluten free cake) Castle Pines
- The Rock Wood Fired Pizza (gluten free pizza) Multiple Locations
- Udi's Cafe (gluten free pizza and sandwiches) Multiple Locations
- Virgilio's Pizzeria (gluten free pizza) Lakewood
- Watercourse Foods (a few gluten free options but no bread) Denver
- Whole Foods (a whole section of gluten free items)
- Yard House (gluten free menu) Lakewood