Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yard House

Another surprise today . . . Yard House (in Colorado Mills Mall) has a gluten-free menu. Granted most of it is regular menu items with suggestions on how to make it gluten-free, but it is helpful none-the-less.

Something to note: Many items listed as containing gluten may be suitable for those of us that are not celiac but rather have gluten/wheat intolerances. For instance, I can handle soy sauce (especially considering it is aged) so several items on the menu I could eat even though it was not on the gluten-free menu including their spicy Thai dressing which I love.

They also say you can't have their potato chips or french fries but after further inquiry it is not that the chips contain gluten, but rather that they are fried in a fryer with other gluten containing items. So, once again, this would be fine for me. Not so much for celiacs. I would assume the same applies to the tortilla chips but I did not ask specifically about those.

No comments:

Post a Comment