Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pre-Holiday Updates

In my last post I mentioned a couple of things that bear follow-up. First of all, the mini, gluten-free apple pie I bought at King Soopers was so bad I couldn't eat it. Mostly it was the crumb topping which was soggy and tasteless that ruined the whole thing.

Second, I made fudge yesterday and it turned out great. But I am not a big sweets person (especially something THAT sweet) so while tasty, I probably won't eat much of it. But I am planning on taking it to our Thanksgiving potluck along with mashed potatoes and balsamic glazed yams.

I am also bringing the pumpkin pie. I will make the crust with flour as pumpkin isn't my favorite pie so I don't care if I can't eat it. But my gluten eating friends will appreciate the "real" version of this classic dessert. Besides, Thanksgiving will me my "wheat cheat" day of the week so I will eat what I want. Thankfully I can do this with no digestive backlash!

No comments:

Post a Comment