Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cinnamon Crispies with Gluten Free Pie Crust

I have a confession to make. I whipped up a batch of gluten free pie crust the other night (using Shauna's recipe) but I wasn't making pie. I just had an incredible craving for cinnamon crispies.

My hubby was out of town and it made the idea of cinnamon crispies all the more appealing. I wouldn't have to share and he wouldn't need to know my secret, that I ate them all. Oh my, they were so good. This pie crust recipe is awesome too. Who knew that gluten free crust could be this good? Here is my recipe for cinnamon crispies:

Cinnamon Crispies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Make a batch of gluten free pie crust (I actually made a half of a batch)

Roll-out between two pieces of parchment paper until about 1/4 inch thick, or a little less, remove top piece of parchment

Sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar blend

Cut into strips using a pizza cutter or knife, turn and cut strips into squares

Transfer to a cookie sheet (you can cook on the parchment)

Bake for about 20 minutes but check frequently as they can burn quickly because of the cinnamon sugar. They may need more than 20 minutes, just watch carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment