Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Great Gluten-Free Meals!

This past Sunday we ventured out to Udi's Cafe in Old Town Arvada to check it out. I was interested because they offer gluten-free bread and pizza. My husband was interested because they have a Cuban sandwich - one of his favorites.

I am happy to report it was a great experience! I ordered the grilled cheese with caramelized onion and avocado instead of bacon, on gluten-free bread. the sandwich was huge and yummy. As another nice surprise was the option to get a spring green salad with the sandwich instead of chips (you have several side dish choices) and the orange balsamic dressing was the best. Oh yeah, my husband also really enjoyed his Cuban sandwich.

On the way out of the cafe, I stopped and bought fresh pizza crusts. I hadn't tried Udi's crusts yet even though King Soopers sells them frozen. That night we had pizza for dinner. I am not kidding when I say it was the best gluten-free pizza that I have ever had. And I may be correct when I say it was the best homemade pizza of any kind that I have ever made. It was delish! What a treat. I am so happy the world of gluten-free is opening up for me.

Next, I will be making gluten-free lemon cupcakes for Easter. Betty Crocker sent me a recipe to use with their new yellow cake mixes. Don't lemon cupcakes sound yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment