Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nature Valley Granola Thins

Aside from being able to eat pizza and sandwiches in restaurants (I can easily make these things gluten free at home) I think I miss treats the most. Cookies, cakes, pies, donuts, etc. It somehow seems cruel to take these away from us, even though no one should be eating much of them anyway.

This week I found a new treat to enjoy - Nature Valley Granola Thins. Now, it is not labeled gluten free so if you are either a highly sensitive gluten intolerant or celiac (they have malt extract) you may not be able to enjoy them. They are made with oats and rice flour.

If you are a fan of the Girl Scout peanut butter sandwich cookie Do-Si-Dos, you will enjoy the peanut butter flavor. I found them very similar in flavor and texture to the Girl Scout variety. There are also dark chocolate flavored thins which are tasty too.

Each package of one thin is individually wrapped and just 80 or 90 calories (depending upon which flavor you choose). I don't know about you, but portion control is a big issue so I like that I am not tempted to stick my hand in a box and eat one after another!

If you want more information, here is the website: http://www.naturevalley.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=37

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with Nature Valley, nor did I receive free product to sample. My sister told me about them, I ran to the store and bought them and loved them!

P.P.S. There was a coupon in today's Sunday paper for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment