Monday, April 4, 2011

Thanks Glutino!

I wrote in my previous post about shopping at different locations for different products. One product line that is worth a special trip to a store is Glutino. I started eating Glutino crackers when a friend offered me a cracker one day. It reminded me of dense saltine crackers -- certainly very different from those awful, (in my opinion) gummy rice crackers.

I have since discovered several beloved Glutino products including the lemon wafer cookies, regular pretzels, yogurt covered pretzels, and cheddar cheese crackers. Not everything Glutino is a success in my book. For instance, I hate the breakfast bars but then again I don't really like the gluten filled breakfast bars either.

I haven't tried any of the Glutino bread because Udi's and Rudi's make me happy. And I haven't tried any of the gluten free frozen entrees that have meat (because I eat vegetarian/fish only). The one I did try, the mac-n-cheese, wasn't as good as the Amy's frozen mac-n-cheese dinner as I found the Glutino noodles too al dente and the cheese sauce a little lackluster. But it is a reasonable option if that's all you can find.

That said, I am grateful to Glutino's for their many gluten free products. Because of them, it is so much easier for me to be able to enjoy being "normal" by having cheese and crackers or pretzels. If you haven't tried Glutino or would like more information about their products you can visit their website at: http://www.glutino.com/ or visit www.amazon.com and search Glutino because many of their items are sold on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment