Monday, May 2, 2011

Sam Mills Corn Pasta (in my purse)

Last night I went to a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for Tails of Woe (www.tailsofwoe.org), a wonderful organization that raises money to help for vet bills when families can't afford expensive veterinary care for their pets. I knew I shouldn't eat the pasta so I decided to cook up my own and bring it with me.

About two weeks ago, I discovered Sam Mills Corn Pasta as Costco and I bought it. So I cooked some up about a half an hour before I needed to leave for the dinner. Then I tossed it with a little olive oil and put it in a Ziploc bag to stash in my purse. My friends were laughing at me carrying cooked pasta in my purse, but it worked out perfectly. I simply ordered the sauce on the side with an empty bowl. I skipped the garlic bread and ate my pasta.

It proved to me that I don't have to miss out on events or be naughty and eat gluten when I know I shouldn't. I just have to be willing to carry pasta in my purse!

By the way, the corn pasta is really good. It now ranks up there with quinoa pasta in my book. I hope I don't have to eat rice pasta again (even though I know I will)!

No comments:

Post a Comment