Monday, August 2, 2010

Gratitude

I am so grateful to be living in a major metropolitan area with a lot of really good food resources. Being a vegetarian that can't eat soy or gluten, has its challenges. I have had to reconcile myself to eating fish so I guess I am not technically a vegetarian but since I haven't eaten chicken, turkey, pork or beef in over 20-years, I think I will hang onto the claim.

But wow, does Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage and King Soopers make my life easier. Gluten-free bread, waffles, muffins, donuts, crackers, cookies and more are now readily available. What would I have done if I had had to go gluten-free 10 years ago instead of one-year ago?

I stopped eating wheat regularly a year ago September 3. I eliminated it completely for about 6 months and then "tested" myself. Fortunately for me, I am not celiac and do not have reactions if I eat wheat once a week or so. But day-to-day living would seemingly be impossible if it weren't for the retailers in my area that offer such a wide variety of gluten-free, vegetarian and soy-free options. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment